The first real typhoon of the year was a damp squib. In fact, it wasn't really a typhoon at all, never having grown beyond a tropical storm. It crossed the Philippines and then started trekking up the South China Sea. I had a feeling that it would stay on a westward route, and I was right. I am no expert but this is how it usually happens. It came ashore just north of Hong Kong. Before it arrived, Hong Kong was deathly still and humid. Overnight, it rained, and the next day (when all signals had been lowered) there was a little wind and a few storms. But all in all, very disappointing.
I have a feeling that it's going to be a pretty disappointing year. I know that it's wrong to wish storms and typhooons on us, but I do like dramatic weather....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment