So, a lot of things are messed up at the moment. Schools have closed for two weeks due to the H1N1 flu. I'm not sure that I understand the logic behind this - surely it would be better for as many people as possible to catch it, and therefore have some immunity if it mutates into something more serious? A bit like 'chicken pox parties' which Mums would apparently hold in order to make sure their children caught chicken pox while they were still young and would recover quickly. And what about after the two weeks - do they really think that H1N1 flu is just going to shrug its shoulders and give up? Of course not. It's here to stay.
It means that there are a lot of things that I will not be able to get done before the end of term. We still have to come to school (in some cases, for longer than we would have had to if the children were here!) but without children, there are some things that just can't be done. I'm filling my time as well as I can, but I generally feel a bit cross and angry. There are things happening outside school that are contributing to that, but sitting here in this freezing staffroom, eating rubbish and watching the rain fall, is not helping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment