Wailing child in the staffroom, with wrist firmly in teacher's grip. Teacher calling Mummy.
What's up? I asked. The child is one of my best and favourite students and I don't like to see her cry.
It turns out that little Bella (names changed ;) had opened one of her textbooks in the exam, and copied an answer because she couldn't think what it was.
She knew it was wrong, but heck, she's six years old! And the pressure to perform and do well is already on.
I was so tempted to slip a sweetie into her jacket pocket, but I didn't think it would be sending the right message. So I hugged her while the teacher was on the phone and she bawled her eyes out.
What a miserable state of affairs. Soon they'll have kindergarten children doing exams.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment