Wednesday, 13 January 2010

New School Year

It isn't in theory a new school year. It isn't even a new school term. Here in Hong Kong there are two terms, and one ends on the Friday, and the new one starts on the Monday. Hardly ceremonious.

But it's 2010, and I was hoping for a kind of fresh start. What I find though is that I am as exhausted and fed-up as I was at the end of last year.

My CA is as dopey and devious as ever. I sincerely believe that as soon as my back is turned, she will be back on MSN chatting with her friends. And then when I ask her what she has been doing, she will reel off several things which I know for a fact either a) take ten minutes to do or b) she had finished days before. Not much I can say. I did speak sharply with her just before Christmas, and I don't really want to do it again. It left a sour taste in my mouth and completely ruined my weekend.

So I managed to hold my tongue today very successfully, despite the fact that she managed to have me rooting around searching for something which had been sitting on her desk the whole time.

I don't really want this blog to turn into a general complainfest, but I don't have much good to write at the moment. Roll on the typhoon season! Then it all gets interesting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment