
I like to look at what other people are reading on the bus. It can sometimes be quite distracting - especially when I just can't quite see what the title is. If I sit in the right position, I can sometimes read paragraphs and guess what the book is. There's a teacher (I know she's a teacher because she read a book called 'Positive Discipline' a few weeks ago) who is working her way through the whole Nora Roberts catalogue. I've never read any Nora Roberts, but I think her books are probably gentle fluff. That tells me something about that particular teacher. Nothing scandalous, nothing sinister. Just ideas.
I have a new favourite author - Alexander McCall Smith. At the moment I'm working through his Sunday Philosophy Club series. It honestly feels as if these books were written for me. They combine a woman in her early forties, philosophy, Edinburgh, and a gentle but compelling storyline. They are perfect. If anyone were to try and spot what I am reading, they would learn a lot about me as a person. But oddly enough, nobody appears to have the slightest interest in what I'm reading on the bus. Guess I should just get on and enjoy my books, like they do.
No comments:
Post a Comment